Actichem’s Crete Clean (AP139) is an advance in the chemistry of removing concrete and grout residues from mixing and transportation equipment. Highly effective as a heavy duty concrete cleaner which is also used for cleaning concreters tools and equipment. Ideal for removing grout smear and concrete splashes from tiles and walls.
Crete Clean is a low pH organic salt that has been blended with biodegradable wetting agents. Crete Clean is based on unique technology known as acid-replacement chemistry, and although low in pH, does not contain traditional acids such as Hydrofluoric, Hydrochloric, Sulphuric, Phosphoric, Nitric, Citric, Sulphamic, Oxalic or Glycolic.
The organic salt, being low in pH, acts like an acid in the cleaning process but has none of the adverse characteristics associated with acid cleaners. This provides the user with all the concrete and grout residue cleaning and removal power needed, without the associated dangers of using an acid.
Important Application Information
Crete Clean can be used on all concrete mixing and transportation equipment.
Safe for use on all man-made tiles, use with care on sandstone, quarry tiles, terracotta, grout and slate.
Not recommended for use on acid sensitive surfaces including engineered stone, terrazzo, marble, limestone, granite and other natural stone.
Especially good for builders clean-ups, restoration, washrooms and pool surrounds.
Crete Clean displays a dramatically improved corrosive profile to traditional acid cleaners in respect of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. When used as directed, negligible corrosion occurs and even when used undiluted the level of corrosion to ferrous metals is almost undetectable. However, it should be remembered that Crete Clean is a low pH and corrosion will occur on metals submerged in Crete Clean for extended periods, and polished metals may show marking. Always pre-test the surface before use.
- Biodegradable – Crete Clean is readily biodegradable, phosphate free and does not contribute to the eutrophication of waterways.
- Safety – No acid burns, no fuming and is non dangerous goods for land transport.
- Waste water systems compatible – Crete Clean has very low COD and BOD levels making it an excellent choice for areas where waste water systems are used. It is however recommended that pH readings be taken to ensure that waste water pH readings comply with water board recommendations
How to Use
Read and understand the MSDS before use.
Always pre-test in an inconspicuous location for substrate sensitivity to chemicals.
- Dilute 1 part Crete Clean with 4 parts water and brush apply to the surface being cleaned. Allow approximately 10 minutes dwell time,
- Agitate and rinse thoroughly with a high pressure washer or hose. To prevent oxidization occurring on freshly cleaned metal surfaces, rinsing should be done using a 1:100 solution of AP164 T&G Cleaner Pro.
- Not suitable for use in concrete batching systems where the waste water is re-used for concrete manufacture.
- Read and understand the Material Safety Data Sheet before use.
- Classified as an irritant according to NOHSC
- Not classified as a dangerous goods for land transport according to the ADG code